My latest logo project was for a new organization called A to Z Consulting & Advocacy. Since the concept of “A to Z” has been used in many businesses and organization logos I wanted to be sure I gave this symbol plenty of thought to ensure its uniqueness.
Things I consider to formulate a new idea:
- What’s been done before with similar components?
- What is special about this company—what is the company’s essence?
- How can I keep the overall look simple but impactful?
It’s important that all of the components used in a logo serve a symbolic purpose. This means not using shapes, swooshes, and lines that don’t help convey the company’s message or brand.
My client’s wish list:
- Use the “A” and “Z” in the symbol in some way
- Find a way to convey the ideas of “progress” and “a path forward” as these concepts are fundamental to the organization
The final logo symbol:
I’ve used two letter A’s to form a Z. The A’s also serve as arrows showing movement. By adding circles on either side of the Z, I was able to create to figures who appear to be using each other to help both figures propel forward.